Right to refuse en
Carpe Diem Academy and its affiliates as a Private Educational Center and Therapy Facility
reserve the right to stop and/or refuse services both educational and therapeutic to any Student
or Client should Administration, Educational Staff, and/or Therapy Department find the student
and/or client to be at risk of endangering themselves and/or others beyond the capabilities of
the professionals control.
Cases of the above shall be handled on a case by case basis as Carpe Diem Academy
understands each student and/or client requires and has specific needs and diagnosis. Due to
this the following guidelines have been implemented to ethically discharge and/or suspend a
student and/or client from Carpe Diem Academy and its affiliates services.
● Documentation of all incidents and reports shall be kept with the student and/or clients
● Proper notification to administration shall be reported to the staff members supervisor
● Authorities and/or Medical professionals shall be notified in all cases of emergencies.
● Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s) shall be notified in all incidents, reports, and cases of
Should Carpe Diem Academy and its affiliates find the need to discharge and/or suspend a
student and/or client Carpe Diem Academy shall schedule a meeting with the Parent(s) and/or
○ Complete Discharge documentation and/or ethical requirements of case transfer.
○ Complete Withdrawal documentation with Principal and Educational Staff.
○ Provide further steps or advise for the Parent(s) and/or Guardian(s)
○ Carpe Diem Academy and it’s affiliates shall provide and refer resources and/or further steps on
a case by case basis to meet specific needs providing Student(s), Client(s), Parent(s) and/or
Guardian(s) an ethical transition during the Discharge and/or Withdrawal.
Carpe Diem Academy